Amendment of Ems Subscriber Agreement Related to Your Use of the Eze EMS General Data Protection Regulation Data Processing Addendum
The European Union enacted the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) which will become effective on May 25, 2018. The services provided by Eze Castle Software LLC (“Eze”) may involve the processing of personal data subject to the GDPR. Effective as of May 25, 2018, the EMS Subscriber Agreement (and its equivalent forms) that you or your firm (“You” or “Customer”) have signed or are covered under will be amended to incorporate the General Data Protection Regulation Data Processing Addendum (the “Addendum”). Highlights of the Addendum are provided below.
- In order to comply with the GDPR, Eze is updating the EMS Subscriber Agreement to reflect these regulatory changes. Effective as of May 25, 2018, Eze’s processing of Personal Data (as defined in the Data Processing Addendum) will be governed by the Addendum which is available for downloading and viewing here: GDPR Data Processing Addendum to EMS Subscriber Agreement.
- The Addendum states that if and to the extent Eze receives and processes your Personal Data as defined in the GDPR in connection with providing Eze EMS services to You, You represent and warrant that You have obtained all consents and provided all notices required to collect, disclose, transfer, use and process such Personal Data, including any applicable notices to and consents from individuals. The Addendum also states that Eze will process such Personal Data as a data processor and not as a data controller.
- The Addendum makes the minimum changes to comply with the GDPR and is not intended to improve a party’s position under the EMS Subscriber Agreement.
What You Should Know
- The Addendum is incorporated in and is a part of your EMS Subscriber Agreement effective as of May 25, 2018. You do not need to sign and return the Addendum.
- The EMS Subscriber Agreement that You have already signed is not being replaced and will continue to govern your use of the Eze EMS, Eze Market Data (formerly RealTick Data), and other related services, along with the Addendum.
What You Need to Do
- No action is needed.
If You have any questions regarding this Customer Notice, please contact North American Client Service at 1-800-997-9630, European Service at +44 0207 786 5080, Asia Pacific Service at +852-3664-1070 or via email for all regions at email@example.com.